ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio.org hardware failure

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: ken c <ken AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio webgroup discussion list <webgroup AT lists.ibiblio.org>, ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio.org hardware failure
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 07:56:02 -0500

Hi Folks,
Wednesday morning around 1:30 am EST we lost a networking switch in our cluster. This failure affected some of our services. We are working with our vendor to correct this problem but you may see intermittent problems before it's fixed.

We are rerouting cables into different switches bit by bit but we hope to have a new switch in place by the end of the day.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to go to http://ibiblio.org/help and open a ticket. I will respond to them after the present emergency has been corrected.

thanks

ken

Ken Chestnutt
Linux Administrator
ibiblio.org

  • [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio.org hardware failure, ken c, 11/21/2007