ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] ALL ibiblio services unavailable, Tuesday April 3, 2007 at 7:30 p.m. EDT

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Don Sizemore <dls AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] ALL ibiblio services unavailable, Tuesday April 3, 2007 at 7:30 p.m. EDT
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 15:09:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone,

On Tuesday, April 3rd, nearly all ibiblio services will be unavailable for what we hope will be a short period of time starting around 7:30 p.m. EDT. We are hooking more disk trays up to our Netapp filer, and must halt the machine to do so. During this time login, mail, and web services will be unreachable.

The following services will be *un*affected:

distro.ibiblio.org
lyceum.ibiblio.org

The actual work will take a few minutes. Bringing back each of our machines and services and checking their mounted filesystems may take a little longer. We apologize for the short notice, but tomorrow is the only time the Netapp engineer turned out to be available.

thank you, 919.962.5646 w
donald sizemore, ii 919.260.4915 c
ibiblio.org n stoof 919.962.8071 f

  • [ibiblio-announce] ALL ibiblio services unavailable, Tuesday April 3, 2007 at 7:30 p.m. EDT, Don Sizemore, 04/02/2007