ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] Upgrade to PHP 5

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: ken c <ken AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: webgroup AT lists.ibiblio.org, ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] Upgrade to PHP 5
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:18:32 -0500

Hi Everyone,
We are upgrading our servers from PHP 4 to PHP 5 on Tuesday, March 13th. This will not affect everyone. It will only effect the people who have web sites coded in PHP.

If you haven't tested your site to see if it will work under the new version of php and you are on a vhost node, please check it by going to our development server.

For example, if your URL is http://www.foo.org, the test URL will be:

http://www.foo.org.test.ibiblio.org/

If you are a contributor who does not have a vhost, simply insert "-dev" into the URL like so:

http://www-dev.ibiblio.org/

If you have any problems with this please let us know this week by going to:

http://ibiblio.org/help

and open a help ticket.

thanks

ken

Ken Chestnutt
Linux Administrator
ibiblio.org

  • [ibiblio-announce] Upgrade to PHP 5, ken c, 03/06/2007