ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] minor: DNS change concerning mysql2.ibiblio.org

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Don Sizemore <dls AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] minor: DNS change concerning mysql2.ibiblio.org
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 12:01:38 -0500 (EST)

Hi ibiblio-announce,

This morning marks one full week with no crashes, so I feel comfortable pronouncing MySQLd on mysql2.ibiblio.org "fixed." Finally. To tidy up loose ends from this migration, we will be updating our DNS records to make things permanent.

Those of you using the mysql2.ibiblio.org alias should remain unaffected. Anyone explicitly calling gaffer.metalab.unc.edu will want to update their DB config settings to point to mysql2.ibiblio.org.

A complete list of changes:

o mysql2.ibiblio.org CNAME db2.ibiblio.org
o db2.ibiblio.org A 152.46.7.25
o postgres2.ibiblio.org CNAME gaffer.metalab.unc.edu
o gaffer.metalab.unc.edu A 152.46.7.29

We will request these changes from our campus DNS providers around 9:00 a.m. EST, tomorrow morning. If you are still explicitly referencing gaffer.metalab.unc.edu in your scripts, you may update them at any time today to call mysql2.ibiblio.org instead.

As always, if this change poses an insurmountable difficulty, please drop a note to help AT ibiblio.org and we'll work something out. Thank you for your patience as we tracked down a rather nasty bug, which turned out to be MySQLd's threading under 64-bit Linux.

thank you, 919.962.5646 w
donald sizemore, ii 919.260.4915 c
ibiblio.org n stoof 919.962.8071 f

  • [ibiblio-announce] minor: DNS change concerning mysql2.ibiblio.org, Don Sizemore, 12/11/2006