ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] changes regarding mysql2.ibiblio.org

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Don Sizemore <dls AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] changes regarding mysql2.ibiblio.org
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:52:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hello ibiblio-announce,

We will be updating our DNS records to point the mysql2.ibiblio.org alias to the new database server, db2.ibiblio.org. The old machine ("gaffer.metalab.unc.edu") will remain in service for the time being, continuing to serve postgres2.ibiblio.org, as gaffer.

If your database is hosted on mysql2.ibiblio.org, formerly gaffer, please do make sure you are calling the mysql2.ibiblio.org CNAME and not the canonical hostname gaffer.metalab.unc.edu.

The postgres2.ibiblio.org CNAME will continue to point to the old gaffer.metalab.unc.edu.

Finally, around 3:30 p.m. EDT yesterday we started seeing signal 11 crashes on db2.ibiblio.org. We are investigating the cause(s) of these crashes, and hope to address them as soon as possible. Please do bear with us - we apologize for the trouble.

thank you, 919.962.5646 w
donald sizemore, ii 919.260.4915 c
ibiblio.org n stoof 919.962.8071 f

  • [ibiblio-announce] changes regarding mysql2.ibiblio.org, Don Sizemore, 10/25/2006