ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] files over 30 days old in /ftp/incomming/

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: ken c <ken AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: webgroup AT ibiblio.org, ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] files over 30 days old in /ftp/incomming/
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:09:35 -0500

Hi Folks,
As you all are probably aware, we are tight on disk space at ibiblio. While we pursue ways to acquire more disk space, we have to become creative in the way we handle our current space.

Starting Monday, February 20, we will run a nightly cron job that *deletes* all files over 30 days old in the /public/ftp/incoming directory.

This will not affect your personal files in your personal space. This is for files in the directory called "incoming" under /public/ftp.

If this causes you a problem, please send email to help AT ibiblio.org and we will figure out a way to help you out.

Thanks

Ken Chestnutt
System Programmer
ibiblio.org

  • [ibiblio-announce] files over 30 days old in /ftp/incomming/, ken c, 02/15/2006