ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] Followup: Ibiblio Needs Your HELP!

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Fred Stutzman <fred AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: help AT ibiblio.org
  • Cc: webgroup AT lists.ibiblio.org, ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] Followup: Ibiblio Needs Your HELP!
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:49:02 -0500 (EST)

Apologies for this - but the address to register collections is actually:

https://secure.ibiblio.org/contrib

not, https://public.ibiblio.org/secure/contrib/.

Thanks!
Fred

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Fred Stutzman wrote:

Every once in a while, ibiblio reaches out to its contributors for
assistance - this is one of those times!

If you maintain a collection at ibiblio, we'd like very much for you to
register it with our collection database. Here's some talking points
about why we'd like for you to do this:

1) Registering you collection builds and strengthens our digital library -
if you aren't registered, you're just hosting with us and not a part of
our digital library.

2) Having a growing collection allows us to show the folks who pay the
bills that we're working in line with our mission as a digital library.
Its incredibly important that North Carolina related collections register.

In a nutshell, registering your collection is vital to helping us continue
as a resource. The best part is that it's incredibly simple! Just visit
the Contributor Admin:

https://public.ibiblio.org/secure/contrib/

and register. In addition, we've written up a little FAQ about
registering your collection if you need help:

http://www.ibiblio.org/faq/index.php?sid=2#15

Finally, some errata. How does one know what is a collection and what
isn't? Theoretically, all your websites and software collections are
"collections". So if you maintain a site on ibiblio, as long as it isn't
strictly a vanity site, register it! Register it!!!!

This message will be resent three times over the course of the next two
weeks. Please direct all questions and help requests to help at ibiblio.org

Thanks, and please register your collections!

Fred

--
Fred Stutzman
Desk: 962-5646