ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] Mail Server Migration

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Fred Stutzman <fred AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] Mail Server Migration
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 17:38:51 -0500 (EST)

What: The ibiblio mail server will be migrated to new hardware.
When: Wed, 17 Nov 2004, 10 pm - 12 am EST (GMT-5)

Mail.ibiblio.org, the ibiblio mail server, will be brought down for two
hours, 17 Nov 2004, in order to complete maintenance. Other than the
downtime (while we will attempt to minimize), this change should be
transparent to users. We will warn you if there is a change, so you can
test your applications.

Mail received during this downtime will be queued by remote senders, and
will be retransmitted when mail.ibiblio.org comes back on line.

Any questions? Please mail help AT ibiblio.org

Thanks,
Fred

--
Fred Stutzman
Desk: 962-5646

  • [ibiblio-announce] Mail Server Migration, Fred Stutzman, 11/08/2004