ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] Followup: www.ibiblio.org upgrade

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: John Reuning <john AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] Followup: www.ibiblio.org upgrade
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:47:50 -0400

As promised, we migrated www.ibiblio.org to a new group of web servers.
This change included an OS upgrade (new libs, perl, etc.), an apache
upgrade, a php upgrade, the addition of squid reverse proxy caching, and
several other minor changes. To move the site, DNS records were
changed, so it may take another day or two for the new ip address to
make its way around the world. Until then, some users may end up going
to the old servers, which have the old software and configuration.

Things are running smoothly for the most part. From what we can tell
response time is much better. However, with the system software
upgrades and configuration changes, problems are expected. If you run
into errors, with cgi scripts or php applications, for example, please
email help AT ibiblio.org and open a ticket. The problems so far have been
specific configuration issues. We're addressing things on a case by
case basis.

And please be patient with us as we get everything sorted out. :-)

Thanks,

-jrr

  • [ibiblio-announce] Followup: www.ibiblio.org upgrade, John Reuning, 09/20/2004