ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] login server upgrade

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: John Reuning <john AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] login server upgrade
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 20:53:06 -0000

What: The ibiblio login server will be upgraded to match the new web
cluster servers.
When: Monday, 14 July 2003, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm

>From 9 am - 12 pm on July 14, the ibiblio login server,
login.ibiblio.org, will undergo maintenance. A temporary login server
will be given the same hostname and will be put in place during the
upgrade. You should only see a disruption of service at the beginning
and end of the maintenance window.

First, we will be configuring the login server to look like the new web
cluster servers. This will provide you with the same working
environment in which your web applications live. We hope the
consistency will reduce confusion while you're developing your web site
content.

Second, the login server has roughly 120 GB of unused disk space that we
will relocate and use for a much-needed mysql server upgrade.

We've set up a test login server: login2.ibiblio.org

This system reflects the new configuration and will be the stand-in
server for the upgrade window. Here's a web page with more details on
what's changed and what items are still in progress.

http://www.ibiblio.org/john/login-upgrade.html

Please log into the test system, try your scripts, check for
applications you need to manage your collections, etc. If you notice
any problems or missing software, please email help AT ibiblio.org The
system is installed and configured now, but we want to correct any
errors before July 14.

Thanks,

-John R.

  • [ibiblio-announce] login server upgrade, John Reuning, 07/01/2003