ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio Systems Central

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: John Reuning <john AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio Systems Central
  • Date: 14 Nov 2002 11:31:38 -0500

Every now and then, someone asks about the status of an ibiblio service
or system. Normally, the production systems run smoothly, but problems
happen on occasion. I'm happy to announce that we've created a site to
let everyone check the status of ibiblio systems: ibiblio Systems
Central.

http://www.ibiblio.org/systems/

There are real time service indicators, a page of maintenance and
downtime notice postings, as well as a description of what we use to run
ibiblio.org.

Now, if you suspect that a service might be down, you can check the
status immediately. The only drawback to this is that it's dependent on
www.ibiblio.org being online. In the future, we will make this status
page independent of the main site content.

Thanks,

-jrr

  • [ibiblio-announce] ibiblio Systems Central, John Reuning, 11/14/2002