homestead - [Homestead] Interesting connections.

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Little houses <LittleHouses AT yahoogroups.com>, Homestead_Friends AT yahoogroups.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Interesting connections.
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 20:14:27 -0500

It has been interesting hiring a local builder. I may have mentioned the connections before but they continue to grow. The builders wife is the nurse that prepped me for surgery last October. His mother in law was our grandsons second grade teacher. His partner is the grandson of a local sawmill owner and a nephew of some friends who are giving me the Oak for the stairs. His wife is the speech therapist at the grade school.

I was asked by the county health department to look into their radio system and the kid I was talking to is a nephew of the builders partner and a great grandson of the mill owner. A woman at the meeting is a cousin of the concrete contractor.

The concrete contractor is a long time friend of the builder. His wife runs the metal recycling place in Mountain Home, AR. He had two boys working with him, the sons of one of the county grader operators. We were just finishing breakfast one morning when I looked out and saw the grader coming down the driveway checking up on his boys. We had a great conversation while he watched his boys work up a sweat.

A part time helper of the concrete guy is another county grader operator and a cousin.

It seems the entire county knows we are building. Today in the grocery store the clerk told us she heard we were building, neither of know her. With this tight net you don't dare stiff anybody, the whole county would know.

--
Don Bowen AD0BR
"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In

  • [Homestead] Interesting connections., Don Bowen, 06/27/2013