homestead - Re: [Homestead] My New Place

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] My New Place
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 20:25:26 -0400

> I saw that you lived in Farmville on FB...wasn't sure if you were being
> serious or facetious, but I see it is a real place.

Some people think it's Facebook's Farmville. I've never been there!

> The new place sounds kind of similar to the old place.  I can't recall why
> you moved...Can you refresh my memory and compare the two places?

Work location was the main reason.

> It really sounds like you have been super busy, Rob.  What is the problem
> with wood heat?

No problem, just there are chimney's in the house at the new place.
One wood stove in an addition room. I'd like to add a small stove or
cook stove to the house proper. It's two story, so a stove downstairs
would take care of the whole house. Just the rooms are kind of small
to add a stove. I'm thinking to make a small addition to the kitchen
so I can put in a cook stove. I liked that very much at the old house.

And oh, yeah, I've been busy!

I'm milking the two cows right now, might sell one. Feeding two small
pigs, two sows and a boar. Got a few goats and two bottle calves.
Keeping me busy. My steers are at a friends pasture, waiting on the
guy that butchers, one is sold one for the freezer. Making about 10 #
of butter a week for sale.

Rob - Va