homestead - Re: [Homestead] Pressure Canners

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Pressure Canners
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 22:17:17 -0700

Still make them and they are one of the few companies out there that hasn't cheapened their product over the years. Still a great product!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 10:06 PM, Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com> wrote:
Hands down, I like the american one.... the one without gaskets with the twisty
knobs to close the lid. Lynda recommended it to me last year. Fewer rubber
pieces to replace...

I've got one of those. A neighbor gave it to me when we lived in
Chicago (25 years ago -- can't believe it's been that long), and she
had had it for for 40 years. It still works great. Do they still make
them? I wouldn't mind having another one.