homestead - [Homestead] Scion Wood

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Scion Wood
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 21:46:04 -0500

I've about got my pruning done. I saved some scion wood that I'm going
to use this spring. I've got a couple of apple seedlings and a few
root stocks. All you really need if you want to play around with
grafting is something to graft onto, a sharp knife and some masking or
electrical tape.

I've got way more of most varieties than I can use, but since I was
taking a few cuttings for me, I hated to waste good wood. I'm willing
to share if anyone grafts or wants to get started grafting. You'd just
need to pay 2nd day postage.

I have:

Virginia Gold - Good August apple.

Sundance

Goldrush - Good storage apple, I bought a few of these last week from
Vintage Virginia Apples, its a really good apple. I don't have much of
this one.

Esopus Spitzenburg

Albemarle Pippin - I obtained a little of this one from a visit to
Vintage Virginia Apples. It took some sweet talk, but they were
generous.

Pear Green Jade

Pear Seckle - Just have a little extra.

James, if you read this, did you mention that pear can be grafted to
black locust or is that a short circuit in my brain?

Rob - Va

  • [Homestead] Scion Wood, Robert Walton, 03/01/2010