homestead - Re: [Homestead] Do You Really Want To Eat This?

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Do You Really Want To Eat This?
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 16:00:07 -0800 (PST)

Hell no !!
No wonder I feel so much better when I was only eating the veggies I grew....

>From The NY Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/31/us/31meat.html?_r=1&th&emc=th
December 31, 2009
Company's Record on Beef Treatment Questioned
By MICHAEL MOSS
Eight years ago, federal officials were struggling to remove potentially
deadly E. coli from hamburgers when an entrepreneurial company from South
Dakota came up with a novel idea: injecting beef with ammonia.
The company, Beef Products Inc.,