homestead - Re: [Homestead] Anybody here???

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, "homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Anybody here???
  • Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 20:21:09 +0000

We've been letting the water run so it hasn't frozen up. Last real cold snap,
we tried to ration it to just a small drip and the water froze at the tank.
when we went up there to check on it, overflow was immense and the tank was
completely full. So now when it's below freezing, we let it run a lot harder
because we know it's likely full and overflowing anyway and it isn't going to
drain down 1500 gallons overnight with it running in the sink. Most likely is
that the amount we are running is the same amount that would be overflowing
anyway.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)