homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cooks online/magazines

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cooks online/magazines
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 19:05:45 -0400

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 4:25 PM, <eureka AT hctc.net> wrote:

> Has anyone on the list serve gone to online subscriptions,
> and if so, do you like reading that way?

Have toyed with the idea but also feel nearly addicted to the electronic
box. Nice to have a monthly or bi-monthly mag to look forward to arriving.
We also have erratic power outages. If I subscribe to a magazine, after one
or two years of collecting said magazine, I usually feel like I have plenty
to read and re-read and then drop the subscription for the next few years.
Also, if need a new something to read, the library usually has a great
system for borrowing mags for up to three weeks. Last, I pay for
subscriptions through this site:
http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/
You can often save quite a bit of money on your favorite subscription. Not
always, but often.

Lisa