homestead - Re: [Homestead] How to judge history,

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How to judge history,
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 20:46:43 -0800

You have to tell them to take *your* phone number off their call list. You
can ask that they take your son's name off the list but they won't listen
but if you tell them you don't want YOUR phone number called, legally they
are supposed to remove it. Those calls are considered to be the same as any
unsolicited sales. Worked for us.

What got me is that even though Kidlet #5 had already signed up on the early thingy for the Marines, we'd get calls from the other branches.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>

The United States Army called my house this evening. It was after 6 pm and
my son was at work, I ran for the phone from outside. I thought it was my
husband, imagine my surprise when I heard it was the Army calling for my
18
year old son. I asked them to take his name off their list. I have no idea
if they will or if we'll receive more phone calls.

Lisa