homestead - Re: [Homestead] Selling lambs for meat

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Selling lambs for meat
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 21:30:22 -0500

> My understanding of Virginia laws is that I can't sell meat, I have to
> sell live animals.

My friend Steve in Pamplin, Virginia sells lamb and pork. You can sell
the whole lamb and the buyer pays for processing, in that way you are
selling the live lamb or you can have it processed at a USDA processor
and sell it by the piece. Someone comes and checks his freezers that
they are at 0 degrees.

Rob - Va