homestead - Re: [Homestead] weather- was peat moss?

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] weather- was peat moss?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 17:26:31 -0800

Just had a weather alert for Saturday, it's still a maybe.
I guess it's time for new lights in the garage, the 2 older sets never did come on and the floor was damp and cold all day. From my time in Minnesota I knew that florescent lights don't work well in the really cold but with the new ones working and the old not.
Right now I have one set with the older larger (diameter) tubes (can't read the numbers) and set with smaller T-12 tubes. The T-12 tubes 'might' be brighter, hard to tell as they are in use over the bench rather than the floor. I have to decide on what type of shop light to get. Does anyone know if one is better than the other?

Rob
becida AT comcast.net