homestead - Re: [Homestead] In Defense of Food, by Michael Pollan

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] In Defense of Food, by Michael Pollan
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 19:18:41 -0600

Well said, Gene. We just finished reading Barbara Kinsolver's Animal Vegetable Miracle, the book Plenty, and have ordered Pollan's new book. We have started talking about the benefits of eating locally to everyone we meet. It makes so much sense, not only from a health perspective, but from an environmental one. It's astounding--and ridiculous-- for food to travel 1500 miles before it reaches an American plate. Thanks for all you do.

--Sage
Way Out in Texas

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:53:28 -0700