homestead - Re: [Homestead] Farming Commune?

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Farming Commune?
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:01:43 -0400

From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
> My last homestead started out great, with like-minded neighbors. Over
the 16
> years I lived there, the area changed dramatically. It Yuppified and
> Citified.

Here, too. Ten years ago, I was surrounded by pastures and cows as far as
the eye could see. Now there are McMansions on 10 acres of lawn as far as
the eye can see. There are no people around all week (gotta work late to
own a McMansion) and lawnmowers running all weekend....the lords of the
McMansions take pride in 'surveying' their kingdoms from their lawnmowers.