homestead - Re: [Homestead] making trailer habitable

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] making trailer habitable
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 19:23:34 -0800

Well, if you put down plywood on the floors, you can then reuse them for something else down the road. Faux hardwood is a simple Drummel away. Use a straight edge and Drummel lines in the plywood to make it look like hardwood. Stain and varnish. Or you can faux paint either stone or brick. Use exterior/deck paint in either cream or gray (this will be your groat lines) and then buy the skinny painters tape and lay out your lines. Take a sponge and do multi-reds and browns to make a brick color or multi-grays, beiges and browns to do stone.

When you're done using the trailer, pull up your plywood and build a fancy chicken barn or ????

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "VAN DELL JORDAN" <vdjor AT yahoo.com>

I just agreed to purchase a 12x60 single wide for
$800.00. As you can guess this is not too pleasant
inside. We plan to live in it only until I can find
a house to move or can build one. My question any
creative ideas on what to do? Example I need to
replace a lot of the standard mobile home panels. Am
looking for creative ways to do walls, floors and
maybe ceiling. Possible something I can recycle.
This does not have to look like anything "typical" if
it can be interesting and attractive. I have a few
ideas but I'm someone here might come up with
something that I would never think about.
I may wind up removing interior walls and trying to
make the inside space livable as a single large room.
considering building a shed over so to have an open
porch on one side and the other to be a semi enclosed
back porch / mudroom. But all this is conjecture
right now.