homestead - Re: [Homestead] Feeding Ewe Dam Sheep

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Feeding Ewe Dam Sheep
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 14:37:47 -0500

Hi Bill, we fashioned a creep feeder in minutes in the corner of our sheep pen using a couple of free wood pallets spaced appropriately and nailed to 2X4s angled between fence posts. The setup has worked perfectly.

We rescued a blind, black, emaciated sheep from the side of the road back in November and thought nothing of her sudden weight gain once in our care. Then, right before Christmas, she delivered a surprise lamb! At five months he is almost as big as his mom.

--Sage
Way out in Texas

On Tue, 22 May 2007 11:54:58 -0700