homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bok Choy

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bok Choy
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 07:02:55 -0400

Bev,
Your menus sound mouthwatering, and alot like how we eat here (sans
seafood and fish, which we miss since moving to this landlocked place!).
I love to hear of how you make the most of your garden gleanings and food
gifts........a thing i love about living in the country. Folk are very
generous with their homegrown foods all around. Besides being a
full-time gardener, i have a 30 year biz as massage therapist. People
from the farms near here send me home with their farm-raised eggs, beef,
pork, and hunter's goodies of venison and wild turkeys. These are given
as gratuities after i am paid!!
I may come home from a job that both the client and i leave feeling so
much better from, with a big bag of frozen meats. It really beats
fencing, building a barn, and keeping livestock :) I always have
in-season produce and products made from our gardens to share with them.
It's such a win-win exchange!

I sure do miss that Pacific Ocean seafood that i always thought would be
in our lives, hee-hee!
Enjoy your bounty, Bev. My bok Choy are only 3" babies still, with that
long cold spell that came around a few weeks back.
Toni