homestead - Re: [Homestead] Strawberries

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Strawberries
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 09:46:35 -0500

On 1/2/07, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

After looking at the Stark catalog online, I recalled that I planted
Earlyglo, Sparkle, and Tristar. Obviously, I had it backwards as the
first two are Junebearers.
I requested a catalog from Stark just in case I don't get on in the mail.

Just got mine and I'm drooling--easy to see how homesteaders get caught up
in "I want one..." We have blueberries, tons of apples, some pears, a peach
tree, and one small cherry tree (10 years old and still not sure if it's
going to make it), but darn it, I want more cherries, apricots, plums,
strawberries, etc. Oh, we also have two plum trees but they've never had
fruit. Frost gets them every year--except last year and even then we didn't
have fruit. Don't know if they are wrong type to pollinate each other or
what. Husband reminds me that it's more trees to prune and that's all I need
to hear. But it's so tempting.

Lisa