homestead - Re: [Homestead] Schools

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Schools
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 12:05:30 -0800

Funny thing about these conversations is that they seem to erupt in various forms in very divergent places all at the same time. This last paragraph resonates of part of a discussion elsewhere and my answer is the same.

Right now the nanny state is in high gear. Programs to regulate and mandate every last little thing in the world! And that includes that pregnant mother that is in that minority whose kids end up being problems for everyone.

All those programs, all those dollars, all those laws haven't done a blooming thing to change any of that. Little Johnny still lives in a ghetto, still ends up going to prison and still can't read or write even though millions of dollars are spent to make it otherwise. All those laws haven't given Little Johnny an education that is "equal" to the one that Little Princess Paris got. All those laws and all those dollars haven't given Little Johnny the opportunities that Little Princess Paris has.

AND, I would opine that, in fact, all those programs have made it worse, made the rich richer and the poor poorer!

So, my solution is to totally dismantle the whole blooming system and say "figure it out yourselves, no one is going to do it for you anymore!" No more tax dollars for schools, no more tax dollars for bussing, no more tax dollars for IDEA, no more, no more, no more. AND, I'd be willing to be that little one room neighborhood schools, *real* private schools with scholarship programs would come back into being and flourish! I'd also bet that all the folks who say they can't or think they aren't capable of homeschooling are and would. I think the will-power to get ahead, to learn, to "be something" return to many, if not most, of the Little Johnnies!

Lynda

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

. Of course, pregnant women ought to take the responsibility
upon themselves, and most of them do, but the kids that the minority
produce end up being problems for everyone.

Marie