homestead - Re: [Homestead] Real Estate Question

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Real Estate Question
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:17:08 -0700 (PDT)

By all means get your own realtor. The sellers agent
is obliged by practice & ethics(?) to look out for the
seller's interest. For example, he should not tell
you if the sellers might be willing to take a lower
price.

Most of the other questions are a matter of local
requirements.

Most places have building codes though how restrictive
they are and how strictly they are enforced varies. A
lot of places will allow the camper but have limits to
keep you from using it has permanent housing.

There might be a state law about the animals even if
no local.

Don't know if the creek would fall under federal
wetlands rules.

The next step is to contact the local government,
probably county?, and ask them those questions

Van Dell

P.S. If you want to come to Randolph County, Missouri
we have no building codes or zoning.