homestead - Re: [Homestead] Water, water, water, was Ram pump rules of thumb

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Water, water, water, was Ram pump rules of thumb
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:35:13 -0500

The more I research it the better I like the idea of a water catchment
system. It would be significantly cheaper than a 200 foot well to install
and the pump would also be significantly cheaper.

Don, I found out that the new well just dug behind the Zanoni post office is 750 feet. Coline said the cost will likely be over $10,000. The well driller found water at 350 feet but insufficient flow; again at 500 feet but still moderate flow; the owner, Paul Rose said I want plenty of water. He gets sixty gallons a minute but is paying dear for it.