homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rabbit

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rabbit
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:41:15 -0700

At present, I'll stick to rabbits.

I've not raised rabbits since my teens. What have you learned that would be useful to we who look forward to raising rabbits for food? For instance, I am ignorant of breeds currently in favor. And I presume there are better cage designs and watering equipment than we used on the farm. There, our rabbits ate what we threw them from the garden in the summer and hay and grain and rotten veggies in the winter. Freezing water was an issue.