homestead - Re: [Homestead] Places to be very wary about

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Places to be very wary about
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 20:33:20 EST

> Now fast forward a hundred years and imagine the prospects!!

Well, I dunno. Where I live is blessedly void of anything but crusty old
recluses. But about 5000 feet down the road where the road and the creek
form a
Y, is a delapidated old barn, a rocky pasture, and nothing else. Recently at
a community event (pig killing) one of the ancient patriarchs began spinning
yarns about this that and the other thing that happened just down the road
here
and there. He mentioned the store and saloon and who had been shot caught
with whose wife back in the 30's. I asked where he meant and he said "Right
next to you down there where the road Y's." Seems that seventy years ago
there
was a lively hot spot there with a store, saloon, and various other nefarious
goings on. Now there is not the least trace it ever existed.