homestead - Re: [Homestead] Re: Homestead Digest, Vol 10, Issue 37

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Re: Homestead Digest, Vol 10, Issue 37
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 16:29:55 -0700

That's the problem. What they say is not necessarily the truth. The only
way to find it out is to go to the towns where they are located and ask the
local folks.

They'll tell you all day long and twice on Sunday that the plant in Humboldt
County was safe. Well, it wasn't and isn't. The ground water around it is
contaminated. Spent fuel rods are "unaccounted for." The air quality went
to shit when the plant was running.

The plant was shut down years ago. the air quality has improved but the
spent fuel rods are still missing and the ground water is still contaminated
and no one is doing anything to clean it up.

However, you will read in papers that it was just peachy having the plant
there and that there were no problems.

Like I said, go ask some of the locals in France just how great their power
plants are. What the public is being told may not tally with what the
locals know is really happening.

Lynda