homestead - Re: [Homestead] Saying it like it is: Don't Blame WalMart

  • From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Saying it like it is: Don't Blame WalMart
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:04:34 -0700

At 07:27 AM 3/1/05 -0700, you wrote:

>>The obvious truth that taking the power away from politicians will get
>>rid of the corruption, while new rules and regulations designed to fight
>>the corruption simply give lawmakers more opportunity to misuse their
>>power, is hidden behind other arguments. The biggest of these smoke
>>screens is "Democrat or Republican?"
>>
>> Try http://www.downsizeDC.com if you want to learn about some of that.
>
>I tend toward libertarianism but I don't understand how we can protect our
>borders if the income tax is eliminated. The constitutional rule of levying
>a special war tax won't work in today's world.
>
>The never-ending argument about taxes and services cannot be resolved but
>by periodic change by those who gain power. I happen to agree with most of
>the DownsizeDC.com material. I do not see how it can happen.

I have an idea: bring home all of our troops from around the world fighting
other people's wars and have them protect us. I know it sounds scandalous,
but hey! maybe we have something worth protecting too!

But on a less sarcastic note, have you ever read Michael Badnarik's
(Libertarian candidate for pres. last Nov.) webpages? I think he had/has
the most sensible solutions than any of the other individuals seeking for
the Presidency last November. For example, here is his webpage about how
to handle the border issue:
http://www.badnarik.org/plans_immigration.php
and while your there poke around and see what other great ideas he has.
Out of all of the other Pres. candidates he was by far my favorite over-all.

Best wishes,
Melody