homestead - Re: [Homestead] This is how the administration supports the troops.

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] This is how the administration supports the troops.
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:54:54 EDT

In a message dated 10/28/2004 2:59:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lurine AT softcom.net writes:

There is some question there. There are complaints coming out that they
have been told not to answer in the negative and some have been threatened
for disagreeing with the current position.

Also, the poll that was making the most news was only officers. The grunts
weren't polled.

I am not basing this on media polls, although I do know one of the most
quoted did just poll officers. I am basing this on soldiers returning from
Iraq and
their comments. I have several fathers of the boy scout troop I lead,
connected to Ft. Gillem, Forest Park Ga. They say VERY few soldiers favor
Kerry and
don't trust him. I was actually pretty surprised it was this way, but this is
what they say. None are officers, by the way, and one has been discharged
following injury and is the one most adamant in his support of Bush.

Drew