gmark - [GMark] "Brief Commentary on Mark" completed

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Carl W. Conrad" <cwconrad AT artsci.wustl.edu>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "S. Chabert d'Hyeres" <abilene AT ifrance.com>, Mark Goodacre <M.S.Goodacre AT bham.ac.uk>
  • Subject: [GMark] "Brief Commentary on Mark" completed
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 10:01:53 -0500

Announcement: My "Brief Commentary on the Gospel of Mark" is now
complete--at least in its initial edition--and is accessible at:

http://www.ioa.com/~cwconrad/Mark/

A French version prepared by Sylvie Chabert d' Hyères (to whom I am
grateful for urging me initially to produce my own commentary on Mark as
well as for her eloquent Gallic reformulation thereof) and accompanied by
the Alliance Biblique French version of Mark's gospel may be accessed at:

http://www.ifrance.com/bezae/Mark/m1/link.html

I mentioned this commentary on this list several months ago when I first
began work on it. Let me reiterate that I doubt that much new ground is
broken in it from historical-critical perspective, but I am really most
concerned with the literary character of the gospel as a sophisticated
story-telling of who Jesus is and what he does (NOT who he WAS and what he
DID) and with the unique features of THIS particular delineation of the
Jesus-story. I'll probably be revising it piecemeal for some time to come.
--

Carl W. Conrad
cwconrad AT artsci.wustl.edu