gmark - Re: gmark digest: December 26, 2001

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: JFAlward AT aol.com
  • To: gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: gmark digest: December 26, 2001
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 22:47:52 EST

In a message dated 12/28/01 5:11:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jgibson000 AT attbi.com writes:

<< But Kata Markon is **not** a Mark 101 List. Since, as the Kata Markon List
Description notes, the List is intended to be a forum for the exchange of
on matters Markan among **professionals and graduate students** in the field
of
Biblical Studies, and in Markan studies in particular, it really isn't
(ordinarily) the best place to moot Mark 101 questions. It is the
perception
that the question on basic parable bibliography was such a question which
(I'm
assuming) engendered the response to which you object.

Stating that you believe that the professor's request was inappropriate is
equivalent to saying that forum members' helpful responses to it are likewise
inappropriate, which is a slap to their faces. I think this is an
unnecessarily oppressive intervention, and is insulting to some forum
members, and it's not the first time you treated them with condescension. It
is your list to do with as you please; from my point of view, however, you've
done very little with it. By my count, this forum has average only about
five or six posts a month. Perhaps if you fostered a more friendly, more
inclusive, less-elitist attitude on the part of forum members, you might find
that both the quality and quantity of the Kata Markan posts will increase.