gmark - Re: Vincent Taylor: Mark

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "K E Brower-imap" <KBrower AT nazarene.ac.uk>
  • To: "Kata Markon" <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Vincent Taylor: Mark
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:39:39 -0000

An excellent, if dated, commentary by the well-known British Methodist
scholar, reflecting a period in NT scholarship when form criticism was the
reigning methodology. Taylor would have been a cautious user of the tool. It
is not primarily text-critical but does refer to textual issues where these
are important. Detached notes and Additional notes are all worth reading.

K Brower