gmark - New Matthean E-List and Website

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Larry J. Swain" <larry.swain AT wmich.edu>
  • To: gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: New Matthean E-List and Website
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 01:03:45 -0500

This email is to announce the creation of an email list and web site
devoted to the gospel of Matthew and the history of interpretation of
that gospel.

As I conceived it, the project has two parts. There is a discussion
list at www.yahoogroups.com/group/ematthew or simply send an email to
this address: ematthew-subscribe AT yahoogroups.com The discussion list is
moderated: Sean Kealy, Jim Bacon, and I are currently the moderators,
although I'm hoping to establish more Mattheans on the moderator list in
the future. As staff, Jeffrey Gibson, Stephen Carlson, and Tom Kopecek
have signed on. I do not wish to take away subscribers or interest in
Synoptic-L and other lists, but rather to encourage interest in Matthew,
in the history of exegesis, and related issues that we've been unable to
discuss on these lists.

The second part of the project is the web page. Jim Bacon of the Jesus
Archive has kindly agreed to host the page. Currently, orher than the
main page, I have a page of links. I'm currently working on several
projects between other projects that will go onto the site, including
all the "Sub-Apostolic" allusions and citations, a discussion on date,
and translations of Jerome's commentary on Matthew, and the Glossa
Ordinaria.

The difficulty with the web page is that of course I'm doing things out
of love, this isn't my principle field any longer, plus
teaching, plus my own researches etc. BUT, things will be added to the
web site over time and will be announced.

Please forward this announcement to other lists and other folks you may
think would be interested. The following are lists that I will send
to: Synoptic-L, Kata Markon, Corpus Paul, B-Greek, B-Hebrew,
HebrewGospelofMatthew, Early Medieval Ireland, Early Medieval Forum,
Medieval-Religion, Medieval-l, Medtextl,
SSBMA, Lt-Antiquity.

Thank you all,

Larry Swain

  • New Matthean E-List and Website, Larry J. Swain, 12/14/2001