gmark - Re: Aeschylus and Mark

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Dennis MacDonald" <dmacdon AT cst.edu>
  • To: 'Kata Markon' <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Aeschylus and Mark
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 08:46:54 -0700

Rick, I reread Prometheus Bound. I saw several general themes, but nothing
I would take to be mimetic the way I usually use the word. I have an
article coming out soon on the goads passage in Acts and the prison break
of Paul in Acts 16 as mimesis of the Bacchae. I'd appreciate the reference
on the "glass darkly." I've seen it, as I recall, but I'm not certain
where.
Happy hunting.
Dennis M.