gmark - Re: Transfiguration/Resurrection

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Dennis MacDonald" <dmacdon AT cst.edu>
  • To: 'Kata Markon' <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Transfiguration/Resurrection
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:13:44 -0700

Larry, in my theory Jesus is not just Jesus and that is the point. He is
the Son of God/Messiah disguised as Jesus of Nazareth. Futhermore, Odysseus
is in constant danger of being discovered, like Jesus in Mark.
The presence of Moses and Elijah explains somethings in the text but not
everything, and certainly not the command to secrecy. Show me where God
gives Moses and Elijah bleached clothing!
I simply don't understand your third paragraph, of if I do, you seem
misinformed. I do agree that demonstrating dependence is difficult, but not
impossible. The same problem faces those who claim dependence on Jewish
writings as well. Dennis M.
I'll be gone until Thursday.