gmark - Re: Two Halves of Mark

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Larry & Sharon Hooge" <thehooges AT home.com>
  • To: "Kata Markon" <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Two Halves of Mark
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 17:29:42 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sid Martin" <smartin AT webzone.net>
To: "Kata Markon" <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 6:16 AM
Subject: [gmark] Two Halves of Mark

> "There is more to the structure of Mark's Gospel, of course, which, among
> other things, shows a complex chiastic organization centered on Peter's
> confession. The important thing to me is that this Gospel is the
handiwork
> of an accomplished story teller and anything other than the hodge-podge of
> pericopes it is often made out to be." ... Sid Martin

Would you care to comment on the "complex chiastic organization centered on
Peter's confession"? I'm currently aware of three attempts at organizing
Mark chiastically. I'd be interested in hearing yours. Or anyone else's
attempt at organizing Mark's work.

Larry Hooge,
Vancouver, B.C.

> You are currently subscribed to gmark as: thehooges AT home.com
$subst('Email.Unsub')