gmark - Philip B. Lewis: 1915-2000

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Philip B. Lewis" <Phil AT sedona.net>
  • To: "Kata Markon" <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Philip B. Lewis: 1915-2000
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 07:46:42 -0600

Dear Kata:

Would you be good enough to distribute the following to gmark? Thank you:

--------------

I regret to inform members of this group that my father, Phil Lewis, passed
away on Sunday, April 30, 2000. He was active in this forum. Many of you
came to know him here. I'm sure several of you knew him personally as well.

A graduate of McCormick Theological Seminary, he had been a Presbyterian
pastor from 1939 until his retirement in 1977, serving congregations in Erie
and Detroit, MI; Astoria, OR; St. Paul, MN; Dubuque, IA; and Toledo, OH.
After retiring to Estes Park, CO, he helped congregations there start two
new churches.

He devoted much of his life to a study of the origins of the Gospel of Mark.
He was a man of great integrity, intellectual ability, and humor.

Those of you wishing to write his family can either write directly to his
wife of over sixty years, Helen Lewis, at 574-B Sawmill Cove, Cottonwood,
AZ, 86326, or send me an email message at mailto:jimlewis AT email.msn.com

Jim Lewis, on behalf of the family

  • Philip B. Lewis: 1915-2000, Philip B. Lewis, 05/05/2000