gmark - XTalk discussion on the Provenance of GMark

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: "Mahlon H. Smith" <mahlonh.smith AT worldnet.att.net>, Stephen Carlson <scarlson AT mindspring.com>, Mark Goodacre <M.S.Goodacre AT bham.ac.uk>
  • Subject: XTalk discussion on the Provenance of GMark
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 09:26:34 -0600

List Members might like to be made aware of an extensive, engaging, and
extremely enlightening debate on the provenance of GMark that is being
carried out between Mahlon Smith (J.S. Fellow; Rutgers) and Stephen
Carlson (author of the Synoptic Problem Home Page), Mark Goodacre (U. of
Birmingham), Ted Weeden, and others that is being carried on over on
XTalk). Should you wish to view the contours of this debate, go to the
XTalk archives at

http://www.egroups.com/group/crosstalk2/

and search for the thread "Provenance of GMark".

In the meantime, I am forwarding the "progress reports" (i.e., summaries
by three of the debate's major players on what Mahlon, Steven, and Mark
perceive has gone on within the debate so far) that, in an attempt to
insure that everyone knows what is at stake and who stands where on the
matters at hand, these three have recently submitted to XTalk.

Please feel free to take up the debate.

Yours,

Jeffrey

--