gmark - Re: the early traditions about the author of GMark

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Mark Goodacre" <M.S.GOODACRE AT bham.ac.uk>
  • To: gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: the early traditions about the author of GMark
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:41:04 GMT

On 12 Sep 99, at 14:07, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:

> In the light of my last message to the List regarding AMark (=the author
> of Mark) as founder of North African Christianity being a tradition found
> (I believe) in Clement of A, I wonder if any enterprising List Member (hey
> you lurkers out there) would do the list the service of locating all of
> the early church traditions about AMark and the occasion and date of the
> Gospel in the online ante Nicene Fathers, and then producing a page (to be
> published in our Resource section) which has all of this information on
> it?
>
> Or does such a page already exists?

I don't think that any such page exists, but the following resources come
close and
are all helpful:

http://clawww.lmu.edu/faculty/fjust/Handouts/Eusebius_Gospels.htm
Early Christian Texts Quoted by Eusebius on the Authorship of the Gospels and
the Book of Revelation, compiled by Felix Just

http://religion.rutgers.edu/nt/primer.html
Synoptic Gospel Primer by Mahlon Smith -- Traditional Opinions (Papias,
Clement, Irenaeus, Origen, Augustine)

http://www.mindspring.com/~scarlson/synopt/ext/index.htm
External Evidence in Synoptic Source Criticism by Stephen Carlson: currently
focuses on Papias, featuring full Greek texts + ET.

Mark
Dr Mark Goodacre mailto:M.S.Goodacre AT bham.ac.uk
Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
Birmingham B15 2TT United Kingdom

http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
The New Testament Gateway
Mark Without Q