gmark - prepended list marker in subject line

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: prepended list marker in subject line
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 14:37:12 -0500

Prompted by the message from Ron Price that I've quoted below, I have reconfigured a setting in the software that runs Kata Markon to prepend the List's name to the subject line of messages sent to the List. If all works well, this new feature should appear in the subject line of this message.

To my mind, the clear advantage of having this feature operating  is that it distinguishes all Kata Markon messages from any others that may come into your mailbox and alerts you that something has been sent to you from the List. But I also imagine that some List members find this sort of thing annoying.

Accordingly, I'd like to pose the question as to whether or not you feel this is a feature we wish to keep. To simplify matters, let me ask only those who DO NOT think that this is a good idea to contact me OFF LIST to let me know this. If there are no --or only a few -- negative responses, I'll assume that the feature has general approval.

Yours,

Jeffrey Gibson

****

Dear Jeffrey,
  You did a great job with XTalk in getting the software to identify the
origin of each posting by adding the prefix [XTalk] to its subject
heading.
  Would it be possible/acceptable to do a similar thing with Kata
Markon, e.g. prefixing [GMark] or [KMark] or [Kata Markon] ?
P.S. I wish I could claim the credit for doing what Ron thinks I did -- but I hand no real hand in the matter. The prepending of the XTalk List's name to XTalk messages is a built in and (to my knowledge) non reversible feature of the software running that List.

--
Jeffrey B. Gibson
7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A

  • prepended list marker in subject line, Jeffrey B. Gibson, 09/12/1999