gmark - Mark and Alexandrine/African Christianity

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Mark and Alexandrine/African Christianity
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 14:00:52 -0500

A new member of K-M has written to me off list regarding the topic of
the author Mark as founder of Alexandrine/North African Christianity.
This is, I believe (no time right now to look this up), a tradition that
Clement of Alexandria believed in. But is it any older than Clement? And
is there any evidence that the belief itself has any real grounding?

Yours,

Jeffrey
--
Jeffrey B. Gibson