gmark - Re: Once Again: GMark Basic Reading List,Mark Course Syllabi, and Markan Resources

gmark AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Kata Markon

  • From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <jgibson000 AT ameritech.net>
  • To: Kata Markon <gmark AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Once Again: GMark Basic Reading List,Mark Course Syllabi, and Markan Resources
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 19:56:01 -0500

Bill Skelton wrote:
In leading Bible studies on Mark I have used four or five commentaries . I
think my favorite would be Robert A. Guelich's in the Word series on Mark
1-8:26. It is unfortunate that he passed away before being able to write the
second volume. A second which looks good although I havent gotten too far
into it yet is C.S. Mann's in the Anchor series.

You may wish to know that the second volume of the Word Commentary on Mark is being finished (if it has not already been completed) by Craig Evans (wouldn't be surprised if it's out for the Nov. SBL), and that the C.S.Mann commentary -- which always seemed to me to be more on Greisbach than on GMark -- is being replaced by a two volume set penned by Joel Marcus. What I've seen of this latter work (vol. 1 is to be out by Nov.) is very good.

Yours,

Jeffrey
--
Jeffrey B. Gibson
7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A

  • Re: Once Again: GMark Basic Reading List,Mark Course Syllabi, and Markan Resources, Jeffrey B. Gibson, 09/09/1999