freetds - Re: [freetds] SQLDescribeParam() implementation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Igor Korot <ikorot01 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQLDescribeParam() implementation
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 13:05:41 -0500

Hi, Frediano,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 12:42 PM Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com> wrote:

> Il giorno gio 28 lug 2022 alle ore 22:05 Igor Korot
> <ikorot01 AT gmail.com> ha scritto:
> >
> > Hi, (Frediano),
> >
> > I am looking at the code of on the GitHuib and I see the implementation
> > but the function is commented out.
> >
> > Is there a reason its not done?
> >
> > I presume it's been written a long time ago, and now it's just a matter of
> > uncommenting and testing.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > P.S.: I can try to see if it performs correctly and maybe add some
> > error checking...
>
> Hi Igor,
> as far as I remember, and if nobody managed to commit some code
> without me seeing it, that function is still a stub.

;-)

> Not that with newer mssql servers would be that hard to do (there's a
> stored procedure to call that does most of the work).

I would guess that this will need to work even with the older version
of MS SQL and Sybase
servers.

That's why I am kind of hesitant to do the implementation - you
already know the API,
and are familiar with internals.

And hence the question about the schedule and possibility of it being
implemented.

Thank you.