freetds - Re: [freetds] Licensing question

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Licensing question
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 09:02:00 +0000

Hi,

Il giorno sab 25 dic 2021 alle ore 02:52 Igor Korot <ikorot01 AT gmail.com> ha
scritto:

> Hi, (Frediano),
>
> Is it OK if I keep the source code in my repository?
> Or I should just keep the binary?
>
> Or maybe a reference as a module, since I use Git?
>
> Thank you.

Libraries code is LGPL, rest (apps/tests) are GPL. Some code is public
domain.
You can copy it, modify it, if distributed to some people they should be
able to get sources from you and good habit to give changes to the project.
Obviously license files are more accurate than my little summary above.
A module would be a good idea if you are not changing code but just add,
for example, applications (this more a technical solution than a license
consideration).

Regards,
Frediano